2020 and 2021 are two years of unpredictability and challenges – even more so in 2022. It is another year for the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and other humanitarian crises. Even with the programs by international organizations such as the World Health Organization (WHO), many are still struggling to solve their health concerns and find the means to fund their medical spending.
Different Medical Expenses around the Globe
By the start of 2020, there are 40 infectious diseases already discovered. It gives more reasons for everyone to find the means to pay for medical bills. Medical bills are either for curing or prevention. Here’s a list of where people spend their money specific to their medical or health needs:
- At-home medical spending. 86% of the US population takes vitamins or supplements daily. These vitamins average about $10 per pill. Multiply that by a year, you would need more than $3,000 to keep your health in shape.
- Donations to medical frontliners or first responders. We have seen solidarity among communities during the pandemic. Some have raised funds for medical frontliners. Others have helped those in need of medical help related to COVID-19.
- Surgery and other hospital bills. Staying in the hospital while getting the medical help you need is expensive. This is the top reason why people resort to raising money for their medical bills.
Ways to Raise Money for Medical Needs
You may have heard of creative ways to raise money for their medical expenses. Here are some of them:
- Hosting a friendly neighborhood fundraiser. It can be a small lemonade stand, bake sale, garage sale. or offering commissioned services. You raise money thru sales while supporters get to enjoy the goods you have offered. It is an enjoyable activity; but, it is time- and energy-consuming for everyone involved.
- Reaching out to family and friends. Sending an email or message to your friends is more intimate and personal. This gives you a chance to explain your situation and encourage them to support your cause. Yet, this is also time-consuming and limited to your current network.
- Partnering with local organizations. We have heard of many corporate social responsibility programs from different companies. Soliciting donations from them is easy with not much to work on. Finding the right company to partner with may be challenging. They only work with social projects related to their own company goals.
- Crowdfunding. This method has gained popularity in recent years. Crowdfunding is the solicitation of money from a large number of people to raise funds. The most popular type for raising money for medical-related campaigns is donation-based crowdfunding. In this type, all funds collected go to the organizer with no returns expected.
Why Raise Money for your Medical Bills through Crowdfunding?
Crowdfunding is easy, fast, and effective when raising money for your medical bills. You reach out to your family and friends and ask for donations from anywhere. With a click from your phone, you can focus more on your health and let crowdfunding raise money for you. Supporters will also be more inspired to donate when it’s that convenient!
Medical Crowdfunding in Airfunding
✓ Free registration. Anyone at any time can create an account for free.
✓ Setting up is easy. All you need is your story and how much you want to raise for your campaign; then, you’re all set! Tips are available along the way to make it even easier for you.
✓ Receive funds worldwide anytime. Your project is available on the platform for anyone around the world to donate to. Someone somewhere is awake when it is midnight in your timezone.
✓ Excellent customer service. The Airfunding team composes of individuals who have come together to help everyone in need. You can even find their friendly faces here.
Tips to Have a Successful Medical Crowdfunding
You’ve got to this point and now you’re ready to raise money to pay for your medical expenses. Lucky for you today, we have some great tips on having successful medical crowdfunding. These are from success stories within the Airfunding community.
- Cover photo. Your cover photo should be relevant and of high quality. It is best to avoid generic images. Look for interesting images that grab the attention of your target supporters. Images are the first thing a prospective donor’s eyes see. If they don’t like them, they might not support your cause.
- Visual story. Show off your story visually. The specifics of your medical expenses in an infographic or table format will be a story on its own. It also shows your supporters where their donations will go.
- Eye-catching project title. Titles should be short, simple, and strong. Every word you use in your title needs to show the value of your campaign. Make your project title relevant and have its personality to stand out.
- Call-to-action words. Include some call-to-action words such as “Donate” or “Support.” This will prompt donors to take action and give you the money you need for your medical bills.
- Emotionally-appealing story. Donors support projects because they value and have a personal connection with the medical situation you are in. So, start typing that story to appeal to their emotions.
- Medical details. Your project story should include as much detail as you can for donors to support your cause. Your story should be able to answer this question at the end – “Why donate?”
- Sharing is the key. The closest people you have is your family and friends. So why not sit down with them and have a quick chat about your Airfunding medical project? Your connection with them is what will drive them to give.
- Widen your network. Find a group of people or organizations who advocate for the same medical cause you have. They may be more than willing to help you out.
- Be updated. Make sure to keep all your supporters in the loop. Provide more information and updates on your medical journey in a timely manner. Your supporters will be eager to donate more when they see these updates.
Get inspiration for your medical project by reading success stories from the Airfunding community here. There are more tips you can enjoy via the Airfunding blog. Start raising funds for your medical expenses today!
Start with Airfunding now!